Our Frugal Lifestyle

My photo
Passionate about eco-frugality. I used to party hard, clubbing my way from pay-packet to pay-packet. Never getting ahead, just getting by. Then came our much wanted baby with no savings in the bank - only an old car. Changes were made to our lifestyle and we didn't turn back. In the past 6yrs we purchased a flat, found employment, lived below our means, built an emergency fund, purchased a reliable car and saw the financial benefits of our frugal lifestyle. Our only debt is our mortgage. Our aim is to manage our cash flow wisely, pay off our home quickly and eventually work for pleasure, not necessity. Join us on our journey, share insights, tips and tricks to help us and others to get ahead while having a good time.

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Virtual Vintage Tea Party

Hello lovely people I'm linking up to The Bloggy Mum here. She's hosting a Virtual Vintage Tea Party today and I have joined in the fun.

I set up my pretties with:

  • A tablecloth from Grandma - Fabric from 1960's/70's, Grandma's stash.
  • Vintage Doily - from op shop.
  • Dolly's Tea Set - pieces from op shop yet again.
  • 1940's Biscuit Tin - from op shop of course.
  • 3 Babushka's - 1 op shop, 1 gifted from 1970's, 1 new in 2009.
  • 1 Wise Old Owl - op shop; are you surprised?
  • 1 Vintage Mirror - op shop, yes it's my source of all the good stuff.

Of course there was food on offer:

  • Fortune cookies - with secret scandalous message's.
  • Lemongrass and Basil Herbal Tea - fresh from the garden.
  • Chocolate Biscuits - to practice our maths.
  • Sweets - for desire.
  • Jugs of water and juice - to quench our thirst.
  • Giant Cup Cake - decadently made of recycled stuff.

Ready for Ken, Snow White, My Little Pony and the Virtual Vintage Tea Party Crowd.

What a lovely time Dolly's dolls will have tonight at the virtual tea party hosted my Mum while Dolly sleeps. Tomorrow morning Dolly will see the scene and her heart will beat with the excitement that something extrodinary happened while her little eyes fluttered with dreamy dreams. Those toys do have life in them in the midnight hour and tea party's are their favourite pastime. Ken, Snow White and My Little Pony will all be gathered around frozen scared to be discovered as she walks in as the sun rises. Psssst Mum don't spill the beans. Catherine do you think your toys would like to chatter with my toys?

And here is Tif and I at our other Cake and Tea party. However someone else grabbed the pretty red and white polka dot table :-(  I was too greedy to wait like a polite gentle damsel. So we too took the nearest table and bit down into the delicious home made cakes and slices. We sipped our refreshing nettle tea to relax the nerves and licked our lips. Here Mum please help yourself to a rich lemon slice. Anne would you like a cool ice tea to relax your nerves too?

Modern Vintage Tea Party - Banana leaves, hundred year old tradition - As vintage as it gets.
Don't be shy, help yourself.

SFT I'm worried the beans may make me ummmm, smelly :-), but here take a little fortune cookie and see what your saucy travel future holds or maybe a frugal fortune cookie from Christine. Claire come this way, let me pick a bit of paint out of your hair. Here, put your feet up and have this lovely cup of tea.

Mmm what a pleasant way to spend our time. Thank you for the invite :-)

8 comments:

  1. Hi there, welcome to the party. We've been partying most of the day and by the looks of it everyone is partying with each other. Hello to everyone at your end and I hope the dollies have a wonderful time tonight. Thank you so much for entering into the spirit of it all. I'll just leave with a little bit of that chocolate cake. Can you wrap it up in a banana leaf for me please?
    Love from Mum
    xx
    PS Do you think Meanqueen will like your nettle tea?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi

    Got here through Mum's blog. Your tea party looks lovely - hope you enjoyed it.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for inviting me to join you at your tea party. I really don't know who has had the most fun, the people or the toys. :)
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I just thought I'd pop by your teaa party, I've been stuffing myself with everyone's goodies but that chocolate cake looks very inviting. I think I'll just have to have a piece!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE YOUR TEA PARTY...SUCH GORGEOUS PHOTOS!


    I eat a lot of beans as protein for my diet. As I work in a class of 5 years olds it's always smelly! Quite liberating really.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dolly will be so excited when she finds out her toys have been partying without her.

    I'll take a fortune cookie please :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope Dolly loved the toys tea party when she got up this morning.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting - I love getting feedback, sharing experiences and learning from you.