Our Frugal Lifestyle

My photo
Passionate about eco-frugality. I used to party hard, clubbing my way from pay-packet to pay-packet. Never getting ahead, just getting by. Then came our much wanted baby with no savings in the bank - only an old car. Changes were made to our lifestyle and we didn't turn back. In the past 6yrs we purchased a flat, found employment, lived below our means, built an emergency fund, purchased a reliable car and saw the financial benefits of our frugal lifestyle. Our only debt is our mortgage. Our aim is to manage our cash flow wisely, pay off our home quickly and eventually work for pleasure, not necessity. Join us on our journey, share insights, tips and tricks to help us and others to get ahead while having a good time.

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

I Support KIVA, Do You?

I give loans to people via KIVA. If you haven't heard of it take a look, as you might be interested in loaning money to people in developing countries too. It's used to send kids to school, purchase farming equipment or expand businesses.

I really like KIVA because it's not a welfare handout. It's a loan where people are expected to pay you back. I believe tho can give a feeling of ownership and self esteem to people who have access to this program. Also I like the fact I can choose my recipient and personal projects I want to support.

Here is the link to KIVA via my personal KIVA link. For a limited time they are giving Free Loans for people to make. If you use my link I might also get a Free $25 loan to make towards someone's needs. Good for you, good for me and good for the recipient.

I hope you join me in loaning a few dollars out. Maybe your already a KIVA supporter... Let me know if you are or if you've joined up as I loved to know.

Stephanie at Frugal Down Under.


PS; This is not a paid review. This is a program/organisation I support and believe in.

09/08/2012: I'm glad some of your have responded positively and taken on the FREE loans opportunity to help someone out. I love this program and 1st heard of it through The Frugal Girl.

5 comments:

  1. I love Kiva! I have just loaned my 20th loan. Its the best idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm signing up tonight after work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's really interesting. I have heard about it but never really considered it. Since it is a free trial I will give it a go and hopefully seeing someone suceed will inspire me to do it again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great idea, thanks for the info.

    Sft x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the link Stephanie, just the kick in the butt I needed to get involved...I just signed up and sent my first loan...the free one...plus another from my own funds...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting - I love getting feedback, sharing experiences and learning from you.