Our Frugal Lifestyle

My photo
Passionate about eco-frugality. I used to party hard, clubbing my way from pay-packet to pay-packet. Never getting ahead, just getting by. Then came our much wanted baby with no savings in the bank - only an old car. Changes were made to our lifestyle and we didn't turn back. In the past 6yrs we purchased a flat, found employment, lived below our means, built an emergency fund, purchased a reliable car and saw the financial benefits of our frugal lifestyle. Our only debt is our mortgage. Our aim is to manage our cash flow wisely, pay off our home quickly and eventually work for pleasure, not necessity. Join us on our journey, share insights, tips and tricks to help us and others to get ahead while having a good time.

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Surfing - Links that Rock

Here's a list of Online Links I have enjoyed this week and thought you may too. It's an eclectic mix - but all have a frugalicious theme. The last one really tinkled my fancy and I would like to give it a try. Let me know if you have ever used your car for other purposes then just driving around.






Why Being Frugal is Satisfying:
Why Should I be Frugal When I'm So Rich - Mr Money Mustache.

Shifting Priorities:
Forest Food - Whole Larder Love.

Mouth Watering Slow Cooked Meals:
Slow Cooked Meals For The Family - NineMSN Food.

Food For $5 Around the World:
At Laughing Squid.

Most of Us Have a Food Dehydrator.
Your Car - The Tangled Mess.

Hope you enjoy,

Stephanie @ Frugal Down Under.

2 comments:

  1. I love posts by Mr. Money Mustache!

    Wow, I would never have thought to dry fruit in a car! The most exotic thing I ever did with mine was lay a tarp down inside and transport a load of old junk to the recycling centre!

    It's amazing how much of a difference there is in global food prices. It makes sense of course! More food miles should mean a more expensive product, although I am not sure this is how it's worked out.

    Is Australia expensive for food?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bryallen, Mr Money Mustache was a new one for me - I had not come across it before, but enjoyed his post a great deal as i feel the need to cut back on work and enjoy my home and garden life more. Australia is expensive for food and where I live even more so. Whenever I go to France I feel rich and buy a lot of cheese and other delights that are so over priced in my town.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting - I love getting feedback, sharing experiences and learning from you.